Saturday, June 2, 2018

The Buffet Is Closed

Well, I did it.

I cut her off.

We are on day FIVE of weaning. And it is going surprisingly well.

I just finally decided Monday night, after Emma woke up 2 hours after going to bed for the 8 millionth time, I was done. D-O-N-E. Done.

I didn't go into that night thinking I would never nurse her again. In fact, I nursed her right before she went to bed.

That night was a bit of a nightmare. She was tossing, and turning, and whining most of the night. But we toughed it out.

Tuesday, I figured if I'm not going to give it to her at night, I probably shouldn't give it to her during the day either. She tried, of course. But I redirected.

Tuesday night. Ugh. She woke up around 1am. And stayed awake until 5. At least. She wasn't whining or crying or anything. She just wouldn't sleep.

That was the worst of it. Every night she seems to be doing a little better. Last night she only woke up twice! Once at 1:30, and once at what I remember as 4:30. And both times she went right back to sleep.

I'm hoping that this is all going to lead to her finally sleeping through the night. She has become a champ at going down on her own (she still cries every night, but not for very long). Fingers are crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment